Mobile apps—computer applications that run on mobile devices such as smartphones—can be educational, fun, and easy-to-use, and they can help users improve agricultural safety and health. The number of safety and health mobile apps continues to grow in number and functionality. Below is a list of mobile apps that may be useful for agricultural safety and health:
Ag Safety & Health Apps
- CSP Quiz Game Plus: These quiz games are designed to help industrial hygienists prepare for the Board of Certified Safety Professionals comprehensive exam.
- Decibel 10th: This app turns an Apple mobile device into a sound meter.
- FallClear LITE – Fall Arrest Clearance Calculators: This app provides fall arrest clearance calculators, tools for supervisors and workers trained in fall protection.
- FarmPAD Mobile App: This app can be used to store farm records, equipment service logs, and spray records or to take notes and pictures.
- Heat Safety Tool: The US Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) released this app to enable workers and supervisors to calculate the heat index for their worksites and learn about protective measures to reduce the risk of heat-related illnesses.
- Ladder Safety: The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health released this app to improve extension-ladder safety.
- Safety Data Sheets: Database for material safety data sheets; enter a product name to find related MSD. (Android devices)
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards for iPad: This app provides a source for general information about industrial hygiene.
- Sound Meter: Easy to use sound meter that measures SPL (sound pressure level) in decibels (db). (Android devices)
Ag Education Apps
- My American Farm: A variety of agricultural based games for all ages.