Large Animal Rescue Training – Animal Emergencies in an Agricultural Environment (PA-003-RESP)
Location: Penn State University, University Park Campus
Dates: Part 1: April 26-28, 2019 and Part 2: May 10-12, 2019
Times: 6-10 PM on Fridays; 8 AM to 5 PM Saturdays and Sundays
Who Should Attend:
You must be a member or employee in good standing of a first response agency or organization (fire, EMS, law enforcement, agriculture, CART, etc.) and have completed the basic training of that agency or organization in accordance with the AHJ. At a minimum, IS-100.a: Introduction to the Incident Command System, IS-700.a: National Incident Management System (NIMS), and Haz-Mat Awareness level. All of which can be obtained online. LART Part 1 is required for Part 2.
After successful completion of this training course, participants should be able to:
- Describe appropriate resources that should be requested to the scene of an emergency involving farm animals.
- Demonstrate proper incident management steps during farm animal related emergency scenarios.
- Discuss the behavior characteristics of various farm animals and demonstrate how to safely restrain and move them.
- Discuss the importance of teamwork between emergency responders and farm animal specialists in managing emergencies involving farm animals.
- Demonstrate effective emergency first aid care techniques on farm animals.
- Demonstrate how to recognize, utilize, and improvise a variety of equipment and techniques in animal rescue scenarios.
- Demonstrate the importance of utilizing preplan information in managing a variety of simulated farm emergency scenarios.
This class is limited to 30 participants. Pre-registration is required. Click HERE to access the registration form which must be received by April 5, 2019 to the address on the registration form or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Stephen Brown via phone at 814-865-7158 or by email at email@example.com for more information or with any questions. Additional information will be provided after you register.